Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma SEASON 2!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma SEASON 2!

The Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Season 2 is now airing and the battle is as intense as ever
right from their first Episode they started a battle and it was super awesome!

[Image: Food_Wars1.png]

A battle of making a bento (decorated Japanese lunchbox)
between Souma Yukihira and Alice Nakiri.

It was tasty-looking as ever, just by watching you also kinda want to take a bite. LOL

[Image: Food_Wars3.png]
Bento Presented by Alice

[Image: Food_Wars4.png]
Bento Presented by Souma

Every food they serve really gives an impact though some of the judges
are sort of exaggerating, but still overall this anime is the best just like season1.
[Image: darkdangem_sig.png]
I actually found the episode to be a little disappointing, to be honest. I really liked Season 1, so I watched the premier of Season 2 as soon as I was able to. The animation was really nice, and the music was great as always. However, I found the pacing to be really rushed compared to any episode of Season 1, including the episode which I think was filler (I can't remember if it actually was filler, but it didn't impact the plot much. It was the episode where Soma goes back to his hometown and makes those little balls with Ikumi Mito.). To me, one of the best parts of the last part of Season 1 was the build up to the match, and watching Soma research different types of food. We didn't get to see that this episode, so it was a little disappointing when we get a match between Alice and Soma, and Soma seems to win effortlessly. While the match was fun to watch, there wasn't any impact because there was no build up to the match. I think this happened because of the lower episode count, and the need to show off the character and fights in the first episode of the new season in order to attract new viewers, the same reason why the first episode of most shonen anime, including Soma, always show off the main characters abilities to make them seem really strong. I'm hoping that this only lasts until the tournament ends, so we can get some build up and research back into the show. My favorite parts of the episode was probably the start where Megumi was worried about packing, which was cute and funny, and when we saw Alice's origin when she ate Soma's Bento. It was quite effective in being emotional, as well as shedding some light on Alice as a character. Overall, the episode was good, and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as well paced or as impactful as the previous showdowns in the series, especially the end of Season 1, but that's probably just due to it being a season premier, and the fact that there's a lower episode count.
I will watch this next, im more interested now! thanks!
Thanks everyone! :)

I also love that part Smegaman the one when they are making a
new recipe to compete and revive his fellow street neighbor businesses. :D
[Image: darkdangem_sig.png]